Director, Mechanical Engineering
MineSense Technologies Ltd is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies, machine learning and data analytics to provide mining companies critical information that has never been available before.
As our Director, Mechanical Engineering, you will be part of a growing company entering a dynamic commercialization phase with a vision of changing the mining industry. You will play a role in building sensing and sorting products that have demonstrated unprecedented sensitivity and capacity. You are looking to invigorate your career by working with a multi-disciplinary team to develop, build, test, deploy and support sensor-based mineral telemetry and ore processing systems. Finally, you are someone who strives on leading a team of talented engineers while able to roll up your sleeves and help solve some very challenging problems.
Objectives of the role:
Reporting to the VP Engineering, and directing a team of engineers, you will excel in the following:
- Design and build state-of-the art systems that will survive in extremely harsh environment
- Work with other engineering leaders to advance the product and improve its reliability
- Advance the use of analytical tools in mechanical design especially in the domain of shock and vibration
- Lead the team in the selection and implementation of shock absorption materials
- Work with suppliers to propose design changes to ruggedize their components
- A Bachelor or Graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years of work experience in a team lead/manager capacity designing mechanical systems
- Working for a Product company developing sensing technology in an international realm is a plus
- Drive, initiative, and ability to work within an advanced technical team
- Ability to understand and analyze application requirements and translate them into specifications and deliverables
- A demonstrated passion for developing solutions
- Strong mathematical, analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities in a dynamic start-up environment
- Ability to execute responsibly and to reliably deliver to tight guidelines and schedules.
About MineSense Technologies:
MineSense, a British Columbia-based company recently named to the Global Cleantech 100 and winner of the Automation of Everything award, is a pioneer in industrial IoT providing real-time, sensor-based ore data and sorting solutions for large-scale mines.
The Company’s fast, scalable, and robust mineral sensing platform creates transformational value by providing precise, accurate, real-time grade control and ore routing decisions at the point of extraction for maximum resource conversion and metal recovery, reducing the CO2 emissions and the consumption of wear materials, energy, water and reagents during the whole mining process. Visit www.minesense.com for more information.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.