Database Developer (Field Services) - Hybrid
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies is commercializing an innovative solution to an important problem faced by the mining industry, which is how to optimize the separation of waste from ore. The company’s proprietary technology will seamlessly integrate with existing mine equipment and offers greater flexibility, accuracy, and efficiency for its target industry. Our technology creates new Revenue for the mine to dramatically boost mine profitability. There is also a significant sustainability benefit, as these improved processing decisions directly reduce the environmental footprint of mine operations.
In order to scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, the company needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and accomplished professionals who are excited by a common vision of changing the status-quo, we may be the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add an experienced Database Developer with strong SQL and reporting skills to our Field Services Team. The successful incumbent will work closely with our data engineering team to help develop our Oracle Cloud based data platform by creating and managing database objects and developing PL/SQL packages, functions, and procedures. If you are an Oracle DBA with development experience, this is an excellent opportunity to learn new skills with Oracle Cloud, the Autonomous Database, and Oracle APEX, which are becoming more and more valuable. If you enjoy working with data and have database development experience, then we would love to hear from you! This position can work in a hybrid setting, partially in the office and partially remote.
THE ROLE will include (but not limited to) the following:
- Gathering requirements and turning them into solutions.
- Developing and managing database objects such as tables, functions, packages, and views.
- Developing PL/SQL code primarily to support field services.
- Supporting our Oracle Cloud-based data platform, including ADW, Oracle functions and the Oracle Object Store.
- Working closely with the field service team to create and automate queries, scripts, and reports to support ongoing data analysis.
- Building tools and documentation for troubleshooting process improvements.
- Prioritization of critical troubleshooting and support for commercial clients.
- Ability to work flexible hours with on call availability to support our 24-hour service desk
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with Linux operating systems.
- Experience with scripting languages like shell scripting, Python etc.
- Experience with containerization tools such as docker.
WHY IS THIS A GOOD OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
MineSense is the only players in this industry which will permanently change the mining industry. Excellent opportunity to get in on the ground floor of this industry
MineSense uses the latest software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.