Data Analyst / Geostatistician
MineSense Technologies Ltd is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We have developed advanced sensing technology that provides mines with key information for optimizing the separation of waste from ore. Our differentiated solution is used not only to significantly boost mine profitability and sustainability, but more importantly, to empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
We are looking to add an experienced Data Analyst with geostatistics experience to our Technical Services team. The successful incumbent will identify and analyze data patterns and trends. In addition, working jointly with our Big Data team, he/she will help product engineers analyze findings. If you enjoy working with data and have a mining, geology or geophysics background, we want to hear from you!
THE ROLE will include (but not limited) to the following:
- Analyze data, perform QAQC checks, and identify patterns, statistics or trends relating to grade, texture, mineralogy or lithology.
- Understand strengths/weaknesses of different sensing and signal processing methods.
- Provide regular updates/reports to clients on data results.
- Determine system model/algorithm accuracy and precision compared to sampled assays and/or mine production models. Report results to Engineering and help them understand the findings.
- Work closely with the data team to create queries, scripts, and reports while ensuring data is well organized and maintained.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Earth Sciences (Geology, Geophysics), Geomatics, Geostatistics, Data Analytics or related field.
- 3+ years’ work experience performing statistical analysis, data collection, data science, signal processing, machine learning, etc. in a professional work setting.
- 3+ years’ experience with Statistical & Mathematical programming packages (R, Python, Matlab, etc) and a passion to learn new data analysis methods and tools.
- Knowledge of/or work experience in mineral exploration and/or mining is strongly preferred.
- Experience and passion for solving analytical problems involving big data sets using quantitative approaches to generate insights from data.
- Strong data management skills and experience working with a versioning system.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills; ability to use logic and reasoning to analyze and identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Why is this a good Opportunity for You?
MineSense uses the latest software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.