Electrical and Controls Engineer (COTS)
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability and sustainability, and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status-quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add an experienced Electrical and Controls Engineer (COTS) to our Product Development and Manufacturing team in Vancouver, BC. Reporting to the VP, Engineering, this invidual is responsible for expanding the company’s capability to support system changes. An ideal candidate will be a detail oriented self-starter that enjoys developing innovative solutions. You can expect to work with cutting edge technologies and a dynamic team of engineers.
Control System/PCB Hardware Design
- Re-design PCBs or electronic parts on the PCB boards.
- Requalify replacement components and sub-components for obsolete parts.
- Build or procure preliminary prototypes of control systems and printed circuit boards.
- Bench calibration and verification of sensors and system sub-assemblies.
- Collaborate with vendors to source components and troubleshoot failures.
- Develop test procedures and verify prototyp
Control Systems/Embedded Software Programming
- Write microcontrollers firmware code or design using Simulink/LabVi
- Write IEC standard PLC program
- Perform system integration with software and hardware and final system commissioning.
Communication Systems and Architecture
- Design and specify the system communication archite
- Configure system network devic (i.e. access points, switches, modems and remote IO’s).
- Configure ethernet networking for industrial communication protocols (i.e. Modbus, OPC, EthernetIP).
- Lead / collaborate system root cause and failure analysis using industry standard process and best practices.
- Remotely support the start-up and commissioning, as well as, occasional travel to site for product suppor
- Generate design documentation, schematics, harnesses and bill of materials using Enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems and EPLAN.
- Develop production procedures and instructions and testing standard
- Write / document the control system narrativ
- Additional duties as occasionally required by your manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Electronics or Controls system engineering
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience as an electrical or electronics engineer.
- Industrial or automotive digital and analog electronics design experience is an asset.
- Experience designing and troubleshooting control panels and printed circuit board design (PCB).
- Hands on experience with PLC or embedded system programming.
- Hands on experience on Ethernet networking and industrial communication protocols (i.e. Modbus, OPC, EthernetIP).
- Validation/Testing & Development experience is required.
- Experience with any of HMI design, EPLAN and CodeSys is an asset.
- Experience with automotive, mobile power equipment, and harsh environments is an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and in teams.
- Proficient skills working in Microsoft 365.
- Must be able to travel up to 20%.
- Health & Safety conscious individual.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
Why MineSense is your next great opportunity:
We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products. You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.