We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability, sustainability and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected, and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status-quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add a BUYER to our Operations team in Vancouver, BC. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Purchasing, the Buyer is responsible for procurement, inventory, and logistics. This includes managing all material purchase orders to ensure the orders match project deliverables.
- Generates, adjusts, and expedites purchase orders based on MRP (material requirements planning).
- Collaborates with the Planning Team to maintain optimal inventory levels and find the proper priorities for material support; Tracks and monitors purchase orders, keeping informed of any problems/delays and advises any impacts/constraints to the team.
- Work with global Tier 2 suppliers on schedules and supply impacts.
- Identifies excess and obsolete materials and dispositions the material appropriately.
- This role will be the primary escalation point for part shortages and part issues that impact our delivery commitments to our customers
- Typically manages moderate to high value/complexity commodities and expense items.
- Formulates purchasing strategy to achieve 100% internal customer service, targeted inventory, and safety stocks.
- Monitors and advertises quality and delivery performance to the suppliers.
- Works closely with suppliers to assure a positive and professional relationship always establishing and maintaining open lines of communication.
- Analyze and inform supply chain performance and diagnose key improvement areas (e.g., forecast accuracy, supply variability, Inventory levels etc.).
- Support the monthly Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (SI&OP) processes.
- Reviews and manages all engineering change orders; Maintains accurate purchasing master data, AVL etc.
- Interfaces with Engineering, Manufacturing, Planning and Quality to ensure timely throughput and proper prioritization of materials received.
- Bachelor’s degree: preferably in Business, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in purchasing, supply chain, inventory management or planning, preferably in an electrical/electronic manufacturing environment.
- Ability to communicate in English, knowledge of Spanish is an asset.
- Relevant industry experience, preferably in electronics.
- Ability to travel internationally as required (Maximum 10%) with a Valid Passport.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to inform at all levels of the organization as well as with external suppliers.
- Experience working in Excel and Microsoft Dynamics 365- Business Central (or comparable ERP) system.
- Health & Safety Conscious Individual.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
Why MineSense is your next great opportunity:
We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products. You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.