Auxiliary Technician – Part Time / Casual
MineSense Technologies Ltd is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies, machine learning and data analytics to provide mining companies critical information that has never been available before. This provides the ability to better differentiate ore from waste to significantly improve decision making at the front end of the mining process. Our novel solution is a critical element in creating the “Digital Mine”. Our technology creates new Revenue for the mine to dramatically boost mine profitability. There is also a significant sustainability benefit as these improved processing decisions directly reduce the environmental footprint of the mine operations.
As a result of our growth, we are looking to add an AUXILARY TECHNICIAN to our Operations team. This is a PART-TIME, CASUAL position (4-16 hours per week) that will allow you to develop your skills with hand tools and power tools, as well as gain experience in a detail-oriented production facility. The ideal candidate will assist our Engineering Technicians and Technologists in production related activities.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Load and unload materials to and from the warehouse, ensuring all materials, tools, machinery, and other equipment are safely set up.
- Remove and sort components from disassembled metalwork
- Prepare and clean up worksite and remove hazards or safety concerns as they occur.
- Prepare components and metalwork for production (includes modifying with adhesives, grinding metal surfaces and small assembly work)
- Perform ad-hoc tasks and projects as directed.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Hands on assembly and maintenance capability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be able to adjust to fluctuating demands with part time hours varying accordingly.
- Able to safely lift heavy objects up to 30-40 lbs at a steady pace.
Nice to have’s:
- Related experience in a warehouse, manufacturing, or servicing environment.
- Familiarity in the field of mining would be beneficial.
Why is this a good Opportunity for You?
MineSense uses the latest software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.