Administrative Assistant - Vancouver, BC
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies is commercializing an innovative solution to an important problem faced by the mining industry, which is how to optimize the separation of waste from ore. The company’s proprietary technology will seamlessly integrate with existing mine equipment and offers greater flexibility, accuracy, and efficiency for its target industry. Our technology creates new Revenue for the mine to dramatically boost mine profitability. There is also a significant sustainability benefit, as these improved processing decisions directly reduce the environmental footprint of mine operations.
In order to scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, the company needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and accomplished professionals who are excited by a common vision of changing the status-quo, we may be the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
As a result of our growth, we are looking to add an experienced Administrative Assistant to our team in Vancouver, BC. He or she will be responsible for performing front office/reception duties, as well as supporting the Purchasing team with Order management and Inventory.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Performing front office reception duties: switchboard, greeting clients, mail, catering and deliveries.
- Meeting room/AV set up in coordination with IT.
- Setting up of new suppliers, maintaining and running reports in ERP system.
- Prepare Purchase orders and confirmations.
- Maintaining promised delivery schedules (expediting).
- Assist Accounts Payables with invoice discrepancies.
- Corporate card expense reconciliation/reports.
- Facilities documentation filing.
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks as required.
- Completion of Grade 12 education.
- Minimum of 2 years office experience. Prior experience working in production purchasing or expediting a definite asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong company “ambassador” qualities.
- Positive can-do and results driven attitude.
- Proficient with Microsoft suite, in particular Excel (intermediate level).
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational, multitasking and prioritization abilities.
Why is this a good opportunity for You?
MineSense uses the latest software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.