Accounts Payable Clerk - Vancouver, BC
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability, sustainability and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status-quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add an experienced Accounts Payable Clerk to our Finance Team. Reporting to the Controller, the AP Clerk is responsible for for providing accounts payable support to our Finance team through maintaining our financial records and preparing our cash and expense reports. An ideal candidate will be a detail oriented self-starter that enjoys developing innovative solutions.
How to Apply:
Please send a copy of your resume to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com. We are also happy to review your cover letter if you wish to include one.
Please make the subject line of your application email “ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK”.
- Process and post supplier invoices into MS Dynamics; Assess and investigate discrepancies and pursue causes. Maintain documentation, files, audit trails for completeness and ensure all purchases have appropriate authorizations and backup.
- Process semi-monthly and ad hoc payment runs.
- Promote financial controls and procedures, suggest improvements, raise concerns and document processes and procedures.
- Maintain accounts payable general and subledger account reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation of month end closes and other internal financial reports.
- Assist in year-end audits.
- Additional duties as occasionally required by your manager.
- Ideally suited for a candidate currently enrolled in an accounting program and interested in pursuing accounting as a career.
- 1-2 years’ of professional accounting experience is preferred.
- Experience with Account Payable preferred.
- Experience with handling inventory invoices preferred.
- Ability to work independently and possess strong organizational skills.
- Maintain excellent working relations with employees and ability to work in teams.
- Extremely organized, with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics ERP software or similar products
- Knowledge of accounting principles required.
- Related educational credentials considered an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Health & Safety conscious individual.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
Why MineSense is your Next Great Opportunity:
You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise. We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
MineSense is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment or hiring process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Information received related to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Irrespective of whether you meet the requirements or not, we extend a warm invitation for you to apply.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.