We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies is commercializing an innovative solution to a critical problem faced by the mining industry, which is how to optimize the separation of waste from ore. The company’s proprietary technology will seamlessly integrate with existing mine equipment and offers greater flexibility, accuracy, and efficiency for its target industry. Our technology increases production and reduces costs to dramatically boost mine profitability. There is also a significant sustainability benefit, as these improved processing decisions directly reduce the environmental footprint of mine operations.
In order to scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, the company needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and accomplished professionals who are excited by a common vision of changing the status-quo, we may be the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking for an Accounting Assistant to join our team in Vancouver on a part-time (1-2 days per week) basis! To be successful, the candidate must be prepared to roll up their sleeves and help us move forward. Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Assistant will be responsible for providing accounts payable support to our Finance team on the through maintaining our financial records and preparing our cash and expense reports. This role may expand for a candidate who is interested in growing with the company!
- Review, validate and process employee expense reports and credit cards. Prepare expense reports for executives if required.
- Process and post supplier invoices into MS Dynamics; Assess and investigate discrepancies and pursue causes. Maintain documentation, files, audit trails for completeness and ensure all purchases have appropriate authorizations and backup.
- Process semi-monthly and ad hoc payment runs.
- Promote financial controls and procedures, suggest improvements, raise concerns and document processes and procedures.
- Maintain accounts payable general and subledger account reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation of month end closes and other internal financial reports.
- Assist in year-end audits.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ideally suited for a candidate currently enrolled in an accounting program and interested in pursuing accounting as a career.
- Experience with Account Payable preferred.
- Ability to work independently and possess strong organizational skills.
- Maintain excellent working relations with employees.
- Extremely organized, with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook required.
- Experience with Concur Expense Management and Microsoft Dynamics ERP software or similar products preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting principles required.
- Related educational credentials considered an asset.
Why is this a good opportunity for You?
MineSense uses the latest software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com. Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
Note: We would like to thank everyone who applies, but only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please note only applicants who are legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered. Thank you very much for your interest in MineSense!