MineSense Technologies Ltd is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We have developed an advanced sensing technology that provides mines with ability to optimize the separation of waste from ore. Our differentiated solution is used not only to significantly boost mine profitability and sustainability, but more importantly, to empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
We are looking for an Electrical/Electronics Test Engineer to support to our product development and manufacturing team. You will work with cutting edge technologies and with a dynamic team of engineers to develop something that has never been done before. The role allows for creativity and innovation to come up with unique solutions to complex problems.
- Bench calibration and verification of sensors and system sub-assemblies.
- Collaborate with vendors to source components and troubleshoot failures.
- Write test programs using IEC standard PLC programs and common scripting languages.
- Test system communication and verify the network stability.
- Develop system checklists and configure / build system test jigs.
- Perform system integration with software and hardware and final system commissioning.
- Develop test procedures.
- Lead / collaborate system root cause and failure analysis using industry standard process and best practices.
- Remotely support the start-up and commissioning.
- Occasional travel to site for product support
- Generate test system design documentation, schematics, harnesses and bill of materials using Enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems and EPLAN.
- Develop production procedures and instructions and testing standards.
- Write / document the system testing and reports.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronics or Controls system engineering
- Minimum 7 years’ experience as an system testing engineer.
- Industrial or automotive digital and analog electronics design.
- Hands on experience designing and troubleshooting control panels and printed circuit board design (PCB).
- Hands on experience with PLC or embedded system programming
- Hands on experience on Ethernet networking and industrial communication protocols (i.e. Modbus, OPC, EthernetIP).
- Must be able to travel up 20% to the customer’s work site and follow their site operation and safety procedures.
- High level system understanding or design experience.
- HMI design experience.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of the industrial security best practice will be a plus.
- Knowledge of automotive and mobile equipment power and controls system is a plus.
- Experience building products for a harsh environment would be beneficial.
- EPLAN experience would be beneficial.
Why is this a good Opportunity for You?
MineSense uses the latest software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.