MineSense announced as finalist in 2017 Technology Impact AwardsMay 10, 2017
BuyerJuly 7, 2017
We are looking for an Electrical/Instrumentation System Engineer to provide electrical and instrumentation design and support to our product development and manufacturing team. As a strong contributing team member, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team to design, build, test, and maintain sensor-based mineral processing systems.
- Design and specify the controls system component and circuits.
- Design a controls system panels schematics / layouts as per CSA / CEC codes and safety standards.
- Validate the process sensors to ensure suitability-to-task.
- Bench calibration and verification of sensors and system sub-assemblies.
- Document the system design and bill of materials using Enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems and CAD software.
- Design and specify the system communication network and configure the system network devices. (i.e. access points, modems and remote IO’s)
- Write / document the controls system narrative.
- Program PLC’s / HMI as per the process / product requirements.
- Perform a system integration with software and hardware and final system commissioning.
- Support the start-up and commissioning at the customer site.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Controls system engineering.
- Registered or eligible to be registered as professional engineer (P.Eng.) or EIT with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (APEGBC).
- Hands on experience on PLC & HMI programming (Citect, Wonderware, VBA, or equivalents) and PLC with IEC 61131 programming languages.
- Hands on experience on Ethernet networking and industrial communication protocols (i.e. Modbus, OPC, EthernetIP).
- Experience with Enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems and CAD software.
- Experience with documentation and drawings of engineering processes and best practices.
- Knowledge of the industrial security best practice will be a plus.
- Knowledge of automotive and mobile equipment power and controls system is a plus.
- Good initiative, positive attitude and the ability to learn quickly is key for this job.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be able to work with demanding deadlines and changing priorities.
- Must be able to travel to the customer’s work site and follow their site operation and safety procedures.LV Electrical systems knowledge and experience with CSA / CEC and standards.5+ years experience as an electrical/instrumentation engineer.
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
Note: We would like to thank everyone who applies, but only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please note only applicants who are legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered. Thank you very much for your interest in MineSense!