Electrical Engineer (Wire Harness Specialist)
MineSense Technologies Ltd is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We have developed an advanced sensing technology that provides mines with ability to optimize the separation of waste from ore. Our differentiated solution is used not only to significantly boost mine profitability and sustainability, but more importantly, to empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
We are looking to add an experienced Electrical Engineer (Wire Harness Specialist) to support to our product development and manufacturing team. You can expect to work with cutting edge technologies and with a dynamic team of engineers to develop something that has never been done before. We embrace innovative and creative solutions to complex problems.
- Specify wire harness components based on system devices and connectivity specifications.
- Generate wire harness drawings based on system component specifications
- Design sub-system wiring diagrams, design power distribution, create fuse load list, grounding system layouts and wire harness drawings
- Build or procure preliminary prototypes of the system’s wire harness
- Perform bench calibration and verification for sub-assemblies
- Support and troubleshoot wiring related quality, manufacturing and assembly issues during prototype and production stages
- Collaborate with vendors to source components and troubleshoot failures
- Lead / collaborate system root cause and failure analysis using industry standard process and best practices
- Occasional travel to site for product support, start-up and commissioning
- Generate 3D models and issue the documentation reports of the design documentation including schematics and bill of materials using Enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems and EPLAN
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as electrical engineer for wire harnesses.
- Industrial or automotive experience would be highly advantageous
- Hands on experience designing and troubleshooting wire harness in complex systems
- Must be able to travel up 20% to the customer’s work site and follow their site operation and safety procedures
Nice to haves:
- High level system understanding or design experience
- Knowledge of automotive and mobile equipment power and controls system
- Experience building products for a harsh environment
- EPLAN proD experience
Why is this a good Opportunity for You?
MineSense uses the latest software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.