FIELD SERVICES ENGINEER
MineSense Technologies Ltd is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste rock at both the mining face and on conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used not only to significantly boost mine profitability and sustainability, but more importantly, they empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
In order to scale and fuel our commercialization strategy, we are looking to add a FIELD SERVICES ENGINEER (Vancouver based) to our team.
Reporting to the Manager, Field Services, the ideal candidate will have a passion for technology in mining and for ore sorting. Preferably from a mining background, he or she will have cross-functional skills in installation, commissioning and support of process instrumentation and electromechanical actuation systems, preferably in a mineral processing or mining equipment-related sector.
The ideal candidate will have the experience to be able to work without formal process and be able to formalize/document procedures in our new and fast-growing industry. He or she will enjoy working in an action-oriented, collaborative and value-based culture. He or she is a natural leader, a self-starter with a passion to make a difference.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Independently conducting pilot and trial testing.
- Support new products in the field
- Communicate with customers (at all levels) from first contact to commercial completion and aftermarket service.
- Plan, manage and execute field installations.
- Work with mine technical staff to collect and compile the required data to calibrate our systems.
- Implement and document processes
- Work closely with customers and the product development team to develop our next generation of products.
Relevant skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s and/or diploma in Mining Engineering or Earth Sciences.
- MUST HAVE 2+ years on-site mining experience.
- 2+ years product support/ field service experience is highly desirable
- Experience with installation of instrumentation, automation and control equipment in a process or mining environment.
- Strong documentation & organizational skills to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment; a sense of urgency and ability to get things done
- Strong focus on safety.
- Excellent English language skills (verbal & written). Secondary language (ie. Spanish) is highly desirable.
- Creative, and enthusiastic persona with strong problem-solving skills.
- Team player with a customer-focused attitude.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel (approx. 25% WW) to various mine sites may be required.
- Valid passport for travel (with no restrictions)
Why is this a good Opportunity for You?
MineSense uses the latest software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise. Our products/technologies have the ability to be a game changer to the mining industry!
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.