MineSense Technologies Ltd is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We have developed an advanced sensing technology that provides mines with ability to optimize the separation of waste from ore. Our differentiated solution is used not only to significantly boost mine profitability and sustainability, but more importantly, to empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
We are looking to add an experienced Engineering Technician to our Hardware Development team. You will be applying your hands-on skills to build sensing and sorting products that has unprecedented sensitivity and capacity.
THE ROLE will include (but not limited) to the following:
- Assemble products & prototypes using hand tools.
- Carry out end of line testing on products as well as development testing on prototypes.
- Modify and/or fabricate mechanical parts and electrical harnesses.
- Establish work control systems to ensure standards of performance, quality, cost and safety are met.
- Specify and procure tools and instrumentation as required.
- Contribute to product design and manufacturability improvements.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Technician or technologist diploma in mechanical, electrical, mechatronics or relevant discipline and/or a minimum of 3 years of related experience in a product development, manufacturing or servicing environment.
- Demonstrated mechanical and electrical assembly capability (i.e. basic hand tools and multimeters)
- Hands on fabrication and maintenance capability.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical part and assembly drawings, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and systems.
- Proficient in using a PC for running tests, reporting and recording results.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be able to work with demanding deadlines and changing priorities.
- Able to operate a sit down counterbalanced forklift (forklift training will be provided).
- Able to lift heavy objects up to 30-40 lbs from time to time.
Nice to have:
- Experience in quality control systems.
- Ability to use a vertical milling machine and weld using the SMAW process.
- Experience with SolidWorks or other industry-recognized computer assisted design/drafting software.
- Experience with PLC programming or other software programming or scripting languages.
- Ability /experience soldering and board level re-work on ESD sensitive devices.
- Experience with embedded devices; configuration and testing.
- Able to use data acquisition systems and environment chambers.
- Experience designing tests, instrumenting test objects and executing tests.
- Familiarity in the field of mining would be beneficial.
Why is this a good Opportunity for You?
MineSense uses the latest software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.