Intermediate Software Developer
We are growing and looking for an intermediate level Software Developer to join our software team! If you enjoy working with the latest hardware and software using modern development processes and tools as well as occasionally getting dirty in a state of the art lab, you won’t find a better place to work north of the 49th parallel or west of the Atlantic. Technologies involved include energy spectrometry, real-time embedded Linux, IoT, high speed A/D conversion and communications, algorithm design, and custom graphical human machine interfaces to name just a few. The total addressable market for our products is measured in the Billions. Come be a part of our world class software development team and help us put a dent in the universe!
Why this is a good opportunity?
- MineSense uses the latest software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
- You will be actively involved in taking products from requirements all the way to the final products installed at a customer site.
- You will finally be able to apply all of those courses you took in chemistry, physics, math, and statistics to real algorithms, software, and products.
- By getting into the company early, you will have the chance to significantly influence the software and hardware architecture of future revisions of the product.
- Potential opportunity to travel to exotic locales in BC, Ontario, South America, Australia and around the world.
So, if you are a Software Developer looking for your next challenge, our innovative and collaborative culture may be just the place for your next career move.
- Design, development, and developer testing of Linux C++ application code and middleware to obtain raw data from a variety of sensors, condition and manipulate the raw data, perform business logic decisions on the conditioned data, and then communicate results to local and remote entities for action and recording.
- Collaborate with the team to develop and deploy procedures, software, and tools to simply product configuration, end-of-line testing, installation & commissioning, support, and maintenance of products.
- Write Python scripts to simulate hardware / devices / processes, perform automated tests, and summarize large amounts of data.
- Employ data science analysis techniques to trial and field data to evaluate and optimize product performance.
- Assist in the development and rollout of software development best practices.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics or equivalent
- 3+ years professional experience writing software for Linux-based products
- Solid skills in C++ programming and debugging
- Embedded or real-time software development experience
- Solid skills in Python programming / scripting
- Solid knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Experience developing and deploying embedded web servers and creating web-based user interfaces for configuration
- Experience with data mining, data analysis, and data visualization
- Proficient with standard SQL and relational databases
- Proven experience developing highly multi-threaded applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
Nice to Have Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Yocto
- Experience with Modbus, CAN, or other industrial communication protocols
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
Note: We would like to thank everyone who applies, but only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please note only applicants who are legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered. Thank you very much for your interest in MineSense!