How to Apply
We want to hear from you!
Please check out our job postings. If you don’t see a position at this time that may be suited for you, we still want to hear from you. We are growing, and new positions will arise.
Submit your resume and cover letter to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Please quote the position title in your email subject line.
Thank-you for your interest in MineSense Technologies!
Executive Assistant to the CEO
Do you enjoy working from the ground up and creating and developing? Do you want to work with a clean tech company that has an impact on the environment that hasn’t been done before? We are looking for an energetic and efficient Executive Assistant to work with our Chief Executive Officer. Managing calendars, travel, events and helping to prepare top notch PowerPoint presentations are critical, but helping to create “fun” in our workplace is important as well. If this sounds like the job for you, we want to hear from you!
– Calendar and Email: Own the CEO’s calendar like it was your own. Schedule and coordinate meetings. Prioritize and handle any conflicting priorities. Support the management of the CEO’s email inbox prioritizing and flagging upcoming items.
– Business Documents: Prepare business documents and edit/proofread PowerPoint presentations. Prepare presentable documents and materials from notes provided. Collect and analyze information.
– Board Members: Interact with Board members and their Executive Assistants to organize meetings, schedules and travel arrangements for the CEO and other executives.
– Communications: Build a strong working relationship with the CEO to understand their communication style and to anticipate their needs. Greet customers, visitors and assist co-workers. Monitor incoming requests from reception phone line or general email inbox. Prioritize, direct, and forward matters when needed or deal with matters directly. Manage couriers and outside suppliers. Direct mail or correspondence material to the applicable person.
– Media: Manage the MineSense website (WordPress) posting updates and coordinating with Social Media needs. Manage media relations and interviews schedule for the CEO.
– Meetings: Attend applicable management meetings and take minutes by documenting all key updates, issues and action items. Organize other regular meetings (including booking rooms, catering, etc.) as needed.
– Travel Arrangements: Coordinate and book travel arrangements for both domestic and international trips. Prepare itineraries and manage meetings and conferences. Ensure calendars for these arrangements are up to date.
– Committee: Be a key and active member of the Social Operations Committee. Promote a positive office culture and encourage fun teambuilding activities. SOC coordinates all monthly team activities.
– Administrative Duties: Prepare and reconcile expense reports when needed. Maintain office supplies (including the office snacks and coffee), anticipate office needs, and expedite orders. Work closely with the HR and Corporate Records Administrator on various projects and assignments including providing back up coverage during any absences. Provide other administration duties as required.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• 5+ years working as an Executive Assistant for Senior Management (C, EVP and VP level).
• Strong working knowledge with MS Office products. Consider yourself a wizard at PowerPoint.
• Excellent oral and written skills.
• Proven ability to develop strong working relationships with executive team to anticipate needs. Ability to work independently and prioritize work activities.
• Highly professional and ability to work with confidential matters: maintain a high level of confidence when managing sensitive information including documents.
• Energetic and enthusiastic with a “can do” attitude. Willing to jump in and help when situations arise. Be approachable to develop relationships with all employees.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work independently in a fast past and constant changing environment and understand the sense of urgency.
• Understand and be willing to put in the “extra effort” in dealing with time sensitive matters that may arise outside of general office hours.
Nice to Have Skills and Experience:
• Previous experience updating basic website content would be beneficial.
So, if you are an Executive Assistant looking for your next challenge, our innovative and collaborative culture may be just the place for your next career move.
Control Systems Engineer
We are growing and looking for a Control Systems Engineer to provide controls and
instrumentation design and support to our product development and manufacturing team. As a MineSense contributing team member, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team to design, build, test, and maintain sensor-based mineral processing systems.
- Design and specify the control system components and circuits.
- Design control system panels schematics / layouts as per CSA / CEC codes and safety standards.
- Verify and validate components and sensors to ensure suitability-to- task.
- Perform bench calibration and verification of sensors and system subassemblies.
- Document the system design and bill of materials using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and CAD software.
- Design and specify the system communication networks (wired and wireless) and
configure the system network devices. (i.e. access points, modems and remote IO’s)
- Document control system specifications.
- Program microcontrollers, PLC’s, HMI as per control system requirements.
- Lead / collaborate on system root cause and failure analyses using industry standard
processes and best practices.
- Perform system integration with software and hardware and final system
- Support system start-up and commissioning at customer site.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechatronics, or Controls Engineering.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience as an electrical/controls engineer.
- Experience with electronic component and printed circuit board design and
- LV Electrical systems knowledge and experience with CSA / CEC standards.
- Hands on experience with PLC & HMI programming and with IEC 61131 programming languages.
- Hands-on experience in programming embedded controllers.
- Hands-on experience in Ethernet networking and industrial communication protocols (i.e. Modbus, OPC, EthernetIP).
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and CAD software.
- Knowledge of industrial security best practices a plus.
- Knowledge of automotive and mobile equipment power and control systems is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively, including the ability to document as per
MineSense’s engineering processes and best practices.
- Proactive, positive attitude and the ability to learn quickly.
- Willing to travel up to 30% of the time to customers’ site.
- P.Eng or EIT a plus