How to Apply
We want to hear from you!
Please submit your resume and cover letter to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com Please quote the position title in your email subject line. If you don’t see a position posted at this time that may be a fit for you, please feel free to submit a general resume to the email address listed above. We are growing and future positions will arise.
Note: We would like to thank everyone who applies, but only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in MineSense Technologies!
Intermediate Software Developer
We are growing and looking for an intermediate level Software Developer to join our software team! If you enjoy working with the latest hardware and software using modern development processes and tools as well as occasionally getting dirty in a state of the art lab, you won’t find a better place to work north of the 49th parallel or west of the Atlantic. Technologies involved include energy spectrometry, real-time embedded Linux, IoT, high speed A/D conversion and communications, algorithm design, and custom graphical human machine interfaces to name just a few. The total addressable market for our products is measured in the Billions. Come be a part of our world class software development team and help us put a dent in the universe!
Why this is a good opportunity?
- MineSense uses the latest software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
- You will be actively involved in taking products from requirements all the way to the final products installed at a customer site.
- You will finally be able to apply all of those courses you took in chemistry, physics, math, and statistics to real algorithms, software, and products.
- By getting into the company early, you will have the chance to significantly influence the software and hardware architecture of future revisions of the product.
- Potential opportunity to travel to exotic locales in BC, Ontario, South America, Australia and around the world.
So, if you are a Software Developer looking for your next challenge, our innovative and collaborative culture may be just the place for your next career move.
- Design, development, and developer testing of Linux C++ application code and middleware to obtain raw data from a variety of sensors, condition and manipulate the raw data, perform business logic decisions on the conditioned data, and then communicate results to local and remote entities for action and recording.
- Collaborate with the team to develop and deploy procedures, software, and tools to simply product configuration, end-of-line testing, installation & commissioning, support, and maintenance of products.
- Write Python scripts to simulate hardware / devices / processes, perform automated tests, and summarize large amounts of data.
- Employ data science analysis techniques to trial and field data to evaluate and optimize product performance.
- Assist in the development and rollout of software development best practices.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics or equivalent
- 3+ years professional experience writing software for Linux-based products
- Solid skills in C++ programming and debugging
- Embedded or real-time software development experience
- Solid skills in Python programming / scripting
- Solid knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Experience developing and deploying embedded web servers and creating web-based user interfaces for configuration
- Experience with data mining, data analysis, and data visualization
- Proficient with standard SQL and relational databases
- Proven experience developing highly multi-threaded applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
Nice to Have Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Yocto
- Experience with Modbus, CAN, or other industrial communication protocols
We’re passionate about our technologies and we’re gathering momentum…
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our growing and dynamic team! Working within the Technical Services Team, the Data Analyst will identify and analyze data patterns and trends. In addition, working jointly with our Big Data team, they will help Engineering analyze the findings. If you enjoy working with data and with a small growing international tech company, we want to hear from you!
- Analyze data, perform QAQC checks and identify patterns or trends relating to grade, texture, mineralogy or lithology. Understand strengths/weaknesses of different sensing and signal processing methods.
- Provide regular updates/reports to clients on data results.
- Identify data patterns and trends. Report results to Engineering and help them analyze the findings.
- Work closely with the Chief Data Officer to create queries and reports from the
database. Ensure data is well organized and maintained.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior Data Analysts.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma.
- 5+ years’ work experience in a professional setting, performing statistical analysis,
data collection, data science, signal processing, machine learning, etc.
- 3+ years’ experience with Statistical & Mathematical programming packages (R, Matlab, etc) and a passion to learn new data analysis methods and tools.
- Knowledge of/or work experience in mineral exploration and/or mining is an asset.
- Experience and passion for solving analytical problems involving big data sets using
quantitative approaches to generate insights from data.
- Strong data management skills and with a versioning system. E.g. SQL, Git
Proficiency with SQL to support data acquisition functions.
- Ability to understand both functional and end-to- end processes
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing circumstances in a dynamic, fast paced
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills; ability to use logic and reasoning to
analyze and identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions,
conclusions or approaches to problems
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Previous experience providing mentorship and guidance to other team members.
Control Systems Engineer
We are growing and looking for a Control Systems Engineer to provide controls and
instrumentation design and support to our product development and manufacturing team. As a MineSense contributing team member, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team to design, build, test, and maintain sensor-based mineral processing systems.
- Design and specify the control system components and circuits.
- Design control system panels schematics / layouts as per CSA / CEC codes and safety standards.
- Verify and validate components and sensors to ensure suitability-to- task.
- Perform bench calibration and verification of sensors and system subassemblies.
- Document the system design and bill of materials using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and CAD software.
- Design and specify the system communication networks (wired and wireless) and
configure the system network devices. (i.e. access points, modems and remote IO’s)
- Document control system specifications.
- Program microcontrollers, PLC’s, HMI as per control system requirements.
- Lead / collaborate on system root cause and failure analyses using industry standard
processes and best practices.
- Perform system integration with software and hardware and final system
- Support system start-up and commissioning at customer site.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechatronics, or Controls Engineering.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience as an electrical/controls engineer.
- Experience with electronic component and printed circuit board design and
- LV Electrical systems knowledge and experience with CSA / CEC standards.
- Hands on experience with PLC & HMI programming and with IEC 61131 programming languages.
- Hands-on experience in programming embedded controllers.
- Hands-on experience in Ethernet networking and industrial communication protocols (i.e. Modbus, OPC, EthernetIP).
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and CAD software.
- Knowledge of industrial security best practices a plus.
- Knowledge of automotive and mobile equipment power and control systems is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively, including the ability to document as per
MineSense’s engineering processes and best practices.
- Proactive, positive attitude and the ability to learn quickly.
- Willing to travel up to 30% of the time to customers’ site.
- P.Eng or EIT a plus