Electrical/Instrumentation EngineerJuly 7, 2017
Montreal’s fund Cycle Capital now billionaire (article en français)September 13, 2017
We are looking for a Buyer to join our team! You will be part of a growing company entering a dynamic commercialization phase with a vision of changing the mining industry. You will be responsible for procurement, inventory and logistics. This includes managing all material purchase orders to ensure the orders match project deliverables.
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, you will be a contributing team member, working with multi discipline engineers and cross functional groups. The role will include the following, but is not limited to:
- Preparation, validation and scheduling of material purchase orders to ensure adherence to program, specification, contract and budget.
- Support Engineering in sourcing new materials for product development.
- Negotiate schedules with suppliers to ensure materials are delivered to plans
- Responsible for the timely acquisition of materials, from MRP release (planned orders) through Goods Inwards. (Responsible until the goods are delivered, and then responsible for tracking their progress through Goods Inwards & Inspection, raising any issues which arise.)
- Operation, input and maintenance of buying activities, including lead-times and re-order levels, to achieve maximum customer service with minimum inventory levels.
- Create, monitor and control purchase orders & associated suppliers to ensure that contractual obligations are met.
- Ensure purchase orders fully reflect any engineering changes taking into account scrap, re-work and stock depositions.
- Co-ordinate all invoice and account queries relating to purchase orders to assist in the supplier payments. Support Finance team in all areas relating to purchasing.
- Negotiate the best price and lead-times from the appropriate suppliers to ensure adherence to the manufacturing plan. Manage vendor/supplier relationships.
- Responsible for inventory management, stores management, and shipping/receiving of material for domestic and international.
Skills and experience
- Minimum of 2+ years working as a Buyer or Purchasing Agent or similar role
- SCMP designation or working towards would be beneficial
- ERP experience would be an asset
- Previous experience with logistics and working knowledge of documents required for international shipments.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be able to work with demanding deadlines and changing priorities
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: We would like to thank everyone who applies, but only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please note only applicants who are legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered. Thank you very much for your interest in MineSense!